FBT Training for Government and NFPs – everything you need to know!
Join us for our annual FBT Roadshow, which is held between February and April each year. We will cover key issues that are relevant when preparing the 2020 FBT return.
We use examples based on the best of the FBT issues raised in the TaxEd Q&A service, which produce a treasure trove of real life Government and NFP FBT issues.
These sessions are highly anticipated by our long-term members each year and are beneficial for any Government or NFP employee that prepare the FBT return. We hope to see you there!
The 2020 sessions are now open for registration! Click the links below to register for the session nearest you.
If you can’t make the face-to-face sessions, we are offering an FBT webinar on two different dates for your convenience.
Key FBT Developments Webinar – 17 March 2020
Key FBT Developments Webinar – 22 April 2020
Here’s what you can expect in 2020:
- Recent announcements
- Car parking, ride sharing and remote area concessions
- What is it and when is it subject to FBT? Using a variety of common examples, we will explore the FBT rules for entertainment type scenarios to make sure you’re getting it right
- Cars and motor vehicles
- We’ll explore the FBT issues regarding business and private travel, on-call employees, tool of trade vehicles, log book issues and more
- Work travel or Living Away from Home?
- Car parking
- We’ll do an in-depth review of changes to the ATO’s FBT treatment of car parking
- The minor benefits exemption – what can be exempt?
- FBT compliance tips and traps
- Reportable Fringe Benefits
- Getting disclosures right, including dealing with the ‘pooled car’ exclusion and when it applies
Who should attend?
- Staff responsible for FBT return preparation
This workshop is suitable for all levels of FBT experience.
What can you expect from this session?
- A practical and interactive session focused solely on FBT issues faced by Government and NFPs
- Morning and afternoon teas, along with lunch
- Comprehensive training materials
- The opportunity to network with fellow tax practitioners, along with the presenters
TaxEd Director & Technical Panel
In his role at TaxEd, Rob provides advice to Government and non-profits on a variety of FBT issues.
Rob’s tax experience includes 6 years within the ATO in various audit and advisory divisions, 2 years on the NTAA hotline and 15 years of dedicated tax consulting at Webb Martin Consulting Pty Ltd. This has enabled him to accumulate a high level of technical knowledge across a broad range of tax issues.
In addition to ‘traditional’ advice Rob plays an active part in undertaking independent FBT reviews for employers. Further, as a result of the ever increasing compliance activities of the ATO, Rob has also been actively involved in assisting taxpayers subject to ATO reviews.
Rob is well known for his relaxed and informative presentation style.
TaxEd Director & Technical Panel
Michael has over 20+ years in the tax training and consulting arena, with extensive experience advising in the Government and Not-for-profit sectors, and brings the benefit of this experience to his appointment as a Director of TaxEd. Michael is also a Director of Australia’s leading tax training business, TaxBanter and independent tax consulting firm, Webb Martin Consulting.
Michael specialises in a variety of Indirect Taxes including GST and Employment Taxes such as FBT and Payroll Tax. Michael also has significant experience in matters such as entitlement to ACNC registration and securing tax exemptions and concessions (ITEC, PBI, DGR etc).
Do you know we also offer tailored in-house FBT training? Contact us today for pricing and further details.