FBT Training for Government and NFPs – everything you need to know!
Join us for our annual FBT Roadshow which is held over March-April each year. We will cover key issues that are relevant to Government and NFP employers when preparing your FBT return.
We will use examples based on the best of the FBT issues raised in the TaxEd Q&A service, which produce a treasure trove of real life Government and NFP FBT issues.
Can’t make the face-to-face session? An FBT webinar is also offered.
What will be covered?
The face-to-face FBT sessions will focus on key benefit areas. For example:
In the 2019 Roadshow we covered what was new for 2019
- The ATO’s updated guidelines on work-related travel expenses – what are the implications for FBT?
- Business trips/logbooks
- When is home to work travel “business travel”?
- Otherwise deductible travel
- Entertainment and travel
- New salary packaging developments
- Developments in the remote area packaging space
- ATO audit and compliance activities
- FBT rate changes in 2019
Plus coverage of all the perennial FBT issues:
- Motor vehicles
- Workhorse vehicle issues – work travel?
- Pooled cars
- Private use issues
- Minor, infrequent and irregular private use – what is it?
- PCG 2018/3 – ATO guidelines
- Tax-exempt body entertainment fringe benefits
- Employer-owned/operated leisure facility access – is it entertainment?
- Entertainment provided by third parties
- Otherwise deductible issues
- Course fees, HECS and HELP related benefit issues
- Domestics and overseas conference travel expenses
- Living away from home/remote area/relocation issues
- Termination payments and FBT
- Exempt benefits
- Minor benefits
- Work-related items
- Reportable Fringe Benefits issues
Who should attend?
- Staff responsible for FBT return preparation
- Suitable to all levels of FBT experience
What you can expect from the session
- A practical and interactive session focused solely on FBT issues faced by Government and NFPs
- Morning and afternoon teas, along with lunch
- Comprehensive training materials
- The opportunity to network with fellow tax practitioners, along with the presenters
- 7 hours (2019)
- TBA for 2020
TaxEd Director & Technical Panel
In his role at TaxEd, Rob provides advice to Government and non-profits on a variety of FBT issues.
Rob’s tax experience includes 6 years within the ATO in various audit and advisory divisions, 2 years on the NTAA hotline and 15 years of dedicated tax consulting at Webb Martin Consulting Pty Ltd. This has enabled him to accumulate a high level of technical knowledge across a broad range of tax issues.
In addition to ‘traditional’ advice Rob plays an active part in undertaking independent FBT reviews for employers. Further, as a result of the ever increasing compliance activities of the ATO, Rob has also been actively involved in assisting taxpayers subject to ATO reviews.
Rob is well known for his relaxed and informative presentation style.
TaxEd Director & Technical Panel
Michael has over 20+ years in the tax training and consulting arena, with extensive experience advising in the Government and Not-for-profit sectors, and brings the benefit of this experience to his appointment as a Director of TaxEd. Michael is also a Director of Australia’s leading tax training business, TaxBanter and independent tax consulting firm, Webb Martin Consulting.
Michael specialises in a variety of Indirect Taxes including GST and Employment Taxes such as FBT and Payroll Tax. Michael also has significant experience in matters such as entitlement to ACNC registration and securing tax exemptions and concessions (ITEC, PBI, DGR etc).
Register your details to be notified when further details on training such as the next FBT Roadshow become available: