2018 FBT Training for Government and NFPs – everything you need to know!
These interactive full day face-to-face sessions will cover key issues that are relevant to Government & NFP employers when preparing to lodge the 2018 FBT return.
During the sessions we will explore the best of the FBT issues raised in the TaxEd Q&A service. This will be a treasure trove of real life Government and NFP FBT issues.
Can’t make the face-to-face session? No problems, we’re also running two LiveOnline webinars.
The face-to-face FBT sessions will focus on key benefit areas:
What’s new in 2018?
- The ATO’s updated guidance on work related travel expenses – implications for FBT?
- Business trips / log books
- Otherwise deductible travel
- LAFHAs or business travel
- New Salary Packaging opportunities
- Bus fares?
- Uber – developments in the ride sharing area and FBT implications
- Developments in the remote area packaging space
- ATO audit and compliance activities
- FBT rate changes in 2018
Plus coverage of all the perennial FBT issues:
- Motor Vehicles
- Work-horse vehicle issues
- Pooled cars
- New log book rules for fleet vehicles
- Tax-exempt body entertainment fringe benefits
- Employer owned/operated leisure facility access – is it entertainment?
- Otherwise deductible issues
- Course fees, HECS and HELP related benefit issues
- Domestics and Overseas conference travel expenses
- Living Away From Home/Remote area/Relocation issues
- Salary Packaging issues in 2017/18
- Issues with overpaid salary
- Exempt benefits
- Minor benefits
- Work related items
- Reportable Fringe Benefits issues
Who should attend?
- Staff responsible for FBT return preparation
- Suitable to all levels of FBT experience
What you can expect from the session
- In-depth coverage of FBT issues faced by Government and NFP employers
- Morning & Afternoon tea, Lunch
- 7 hours
TaxEd Director & Technical Panel
In his role at TaxEd, Rob provides advice to Government and non-profits on a variety of FBT issues.
Rob’s tax experience includes 6 years within the ATO in various audit and advisory divisions, 2 years on the NTAA hotline and 15 years of dedicated tax consulting at Webb Martin Consulting Pty Ltd. This has enabled him to accumulate a high level of technical knowledge across a broad range of tax issues.
In addition to ‘traditional’ advice Rob plays an active part in undertaking independent FBT reviews for employers. Further, as a result of the ever increasing compliance activities of the ATO, Rob has also been actively involved in assisting taxpayers subject to ATO reviews.
Rob is well known for his relaxed and informative presentation style.
TaxEd Director & Technical Panel
Michael has over 20+ years in the tax training and consulting arena, with extensive experience advising in the Government and Not-for-profit sectors, and brings the benefit of this experience to his appointment as a Director of TaxEd. Michael is also a Director of Australia’s leading tax training business, TaxBanter and independent tax consulting firm, Webb Martin Consulting.
Michael specialises in a variety of Indirect Taxes including GST and Employment Taxes such as FBT and Payroll Tax. Michael also has significant experience in matters such as entitlement to ACNC registration and securing tax exemptions and concessions (ITEC, PBI, DGR etc).